Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis is truly an intimidator. He leaves it all on the field and influences every linebacker that plays the game. His love for the game and his courage that he plays every down with is unbelievable. Ray Lewis could retire now but he still feels there’s something else he could do to change the game. Ray Lewis has said, “Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” That is a coach’s dream, someone who will give it 110% every time he steps out on the field. I feel that Ray Lewis is such an influential person and such a great player he is like a founding father of the game. Ray Lewis is the only linebacker I want to be like right now. Ray Lewis will soon be honored by the Hall of Fame but for right now I am going to honor him as player of the day.
Ray Lewis is the captain of the Ravens defense and the heart of the team to. I would like to be a leader of my team’s defense but it doesn’t always happen that way. I don’t like it but Ray Lewis agrees with that decision. He stated that, “I’m willing to serve.  Before I lead any other man into anything I’m willing to take the hard falls myself but also come back and share the pains that came from it.  Don’t waste this moment.  Don’t make no foolish mistake on the field or off the field.” You have to work to become a leader and that is what his quote is all about.
People a lot of times say that life is to short. Neyo said that for all we know we might not get tomorrow. These things are 100% true. Ray Lewis put’s this in football terms and what he says I live by. He says, “The greatest opportunity in the world is found here today…We already know what yesterday has got for us.  It’s already gone.  Tomorrow, too far away.  What about right now!” That one quote has influenced my game and how I play.
With his influence on me and probably every football player in the world, I am honoring him as player of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment