Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Michael Orr


My family means so much to me and our definitely my favorite teammates. My parents are my two best blockers leading a path for my sister and I to follow. My sister is definitely my favorite coach, always giving me advice and being there for me whenever I may need it. Family can definitely raise you up in many ways and I feel Michael Orr can relate to me in many ways. For his contributions to the game but also his love for his family I am honoring him as player of the day.

Michael Orr has seen the best of family and the lows to. As he grew up he did not live the best of lives. He grew up in the projects with nothing to look up to. His friends said he wouldn’t make it out and his parents didn’t help that cause. His father committed suicide when he was young and his mother had a drug addiction. He was homeless, but then when a family noticed him walking alone on the street knowing he was homeless took him into their home. The story goes on and you can learn more about it in a movie about his life called The Blind Side, staring Sandra Bullock.  Family has certainly been an important part in his life. Our stories are extremely different but if we were to talk about family our moral would be the same. We could get nowhere without them and we both love them very much.

With his influential life story and his love for his family, Michael Orr is the player of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment