Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jim Brown


           
Jim Brown. What more can you say about him, I’m going to try but once you hear that name it sets a spark in your brain. There are a few words that come to mind once I hear that name and it may come to your mind to. Power house, adversity, a believer, fearless all these traits were in this running back. He is not only influential to me for his running style but because of the adversity he overcame. He was around during segregation and when the NFL had few African- American players. He was robbed of his Heisman when he went to Syracuse and that made him upset but, he turned his anger into power and that I find is extremely important. As my former coach said, “On the field they’re your enemy, but after the game they can still be your friend.” With his contributions to the game and history, I am honoring Jim Brown as the player of the day.
               
Brown made a change on the field and one off. He has gone into acting, writing and even has his own foundation. Jim’s foundations funds kids who are growing up in urban communities and caught up in the gang scene. He teaches them about the importance of life and how short it is.  He teaches them many things and donates to poor environments across the country. He is someone who is definitely worth being looked up to him. Personally the way he acted the way he did with all the racism and how he didn’t let it faze him means a lot to me. The things he went through and how he was able to forget about so quickly is influential to me because it teaches me that, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only love can do that,” quote by Martin Luther King Jr.
               
 Jim Brown is an all around athlete on the field and off and that is why I am honoring him as player of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment