Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Kurt Warner

            Many people see one side of a person through the media including Kurt Warner. That has benefited him in ways but has altered his egos in others. Kurt Warner has seen better times when it comes to the tabloids. When he and his wife were going through tough times he was not seen as a great man and despised by few people. But, what many people don’t see is his ability to put things to the side and move on. He worked on his marriage and later founded a foundation. Kurt Warner is a person who was determined not to get caught up in the spotlight. In many ways he influences other people like me to donate to their community. Kurt Warner’s foundation First & First, donates to the people who are less fortunate in life. That is why I am honoring him as player of the day.
In my years of playing football I have seen the highs and the lows. I have sprained my shoulder tackling wrong and in third grade suffered a spinal injury (these were not too serious though). These events that I have undergone have made me angry. They have caused me to feel like I needed to isolate myself from the bad stuff in life. As a quarterback Kurt Warner has had much more severe injuries but he continued to let nothing bring him down. After getting drafted into the NFL in 1999 Kurt Warner started his own foundation donating to the community.
As a quarterback he has also influenced me. He was MVP of Super Bowl XXXIV and has an NFL record to himself. He is truly an all-around player. He can make a play on and off the field!


.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Chris! There might have been some technichal errors, but still, I loved this piece! Kurt Warner really turned his career and life around, and he's a great example of hard work. Excellent job! I look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete